[Soc-2016-dev] Week 3 Report - Multiview Reconstruction

Tianwei Shen shentianweipku at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:53:13 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

This is my week 3 report, a week that got me further into the multi-view reconstruction pipeline! You can also find this report at https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Tianwei37/Report_%26_Blog/Week_3 <https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Tianwei37/Report_&_Blog/Week_3>.

What I did:
refine correspondence data structure according to Sergey’s suggestion
revise BKE_tracking_correspondence_add accordingly
add BKE_tracking_multiview_reconstruction_check which checks conditions for multi-view reconstruction
Clear up my mind about BLI_list, BLI_array, BLI_buffer. Stuck by a bug for a long time, then It turned out that the bug is caused by passing a data structure (MovieClip) without *next and *prev pointers into a blender_list.
Refine data structures for multi-view reconstruction
Extend my report into a documentation about multi view reconstruction at here: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Tianwei37/Report_%26_Blog/Multi-view_Reconstruction_Documentation <https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Tianwei37/Report_&_Blog/Multi-view_Reconstruction_Documentation>
manage BKE_tracking_multiview_reconstruction_context_free as several data structures have been changed to arrays.
convert the simple_pipeline code to autotrack code. Basically the entire reconstruction pipeline should now be based on the new autotrack pipeline.
What I will do next week:
Working towards the tentative goal of week4-6 in my GSoC proposal, Connect the front side UI with the back-side SfM engine. More specifically, I will continue to focus on the libmv autotrack pipeline next week. Currently libmv/autotrack is immature in that several header files are designed without the actual *.cc implementation. I will basically learn from libmv/simple_pipeline and migrate everything needed for multi-view reconstruction to libmv/autotrack.

Questions:
1. What is fundamental difference between autotrack and simple_pipeline? From my point of view, autotrack is based on mv::marker which knows what clip it comes from, while simple_pipeline is based on libmv::marker which is agnostic about the clip. Also autotrack has data structures that have more details than their counterparts in simple_pipeline, like libmv_Marker. It knows the marker source, like whether it is specified manually, or detected automatically, which can lead to fine-grained controls in the algorithm implementations. Is there anything else that I have missed and should attend to?

2. Does anyone know how to delete a wiki page? I accidentally create one more and want it deleted.

Thanks,
Tianwei