[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #3, Layer Manager

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:16:55 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Here's my report for week #3. It's also on my wiki page https://goo.gl/FWsLUk.

Report is coming a bit delayed again, sorry about this :/ Was hoping I
could finally release my design doc with the report, but I just got it
ready yesterday evening and Ton didn't have a chance to review it yet.

What I did this week:
* Kept working on my UI design doc. I think it's ready now, but needs
review by my mentor.
* Added support for assigning objects to layers.
* Added option to delete layer with or without objects.
* Made viewport draw objects by iterating over objects per layers,
rather than iterating over objects directly (will possibly play an
important role in future).
* Refactored layer storage and iterators (to improve performance for
layer iterations).
* Added undo/redo and file read/write support (which is broken again
right now :S)
* Had some working code for layer reordering but first wanted to make
further changes to allow drag 'n drop too.
* Spent one day working on bug tracker and HMD_viewport branch.

Next week:
* Finish reordering support (ideally with drag 'n drop).
* Improve layer drawing.
* Add a couple of initial layer properties (was already planned for this week).
* Work on an initial API for render engines to register custom layer properties.

Cheers,
- Julian -