[Soc-2016-dev] [First Status Update] Sculpting tools

Kairong Jiang cecil.ini.jiang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:00:32 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Sorry for the late update. I've been busy preparing for two final exams
last week.

My proposal can be found at:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Inlinebool/GSoC2016/Proposal

But I wrongly created some useless pages and the index table on the left
side of my personal wiki page isn't showing correctly. I wonder if someone
can tell me how to delete wiki pages.

My mentor and I have made contact. We have exchanged ideas both through IRC
and E-Mails. My IRC nickname is Inlinebool. I have also been in touch with
an artist in Blender China community. We welcome all suggestions and help
from artists and fellow coders.

During the next few weeks, since the final exams have passed, I am able to
spend more time on preparing for the official coding. I have set up the
developing environment on my computer and done some primitive research on
the code base concerning sculpting tools. I'm going to make some small
changes on the existing tools first to fully understand the mechanisms of
sculpting. Also, I want to extend on some more details on the sculpting
tools I proposed. There are some problems I thought of after I submitted
the proposal and I intend to look into them and discuss with my mentor if
necessary.

Best regards,
Kairong Jiang