[Soc-2016-dev] Nathan Vollmer Status Report

Nathan Vollmer bitinat2 at isu.edu
Sat Apr 30 03:39:42 CEST 2016

Hey everyone!

My name’s Nate Vollmer. I’m working on implementing PBVH based vertex
selection with Bastien Montagne. I should have my proposal on the wiki page
in as soon as my registration request goes through, where I’ll also be
posting a weekly report. I’m planning on posting a brief status report
around once a week to this mailing list as well.

Me and Bastien talked a bit over email about some first steps. I’m
currently working on configuring my IDE and getting Blender to compile.
I’ll also be looking through other student’s proposals, just so I know
who’s doing what. Then, I'm planning on going through the blender
architecture documentation, specifically general documentation and the
meshes documentation. A lot of information in that documentation will apply
to my project. I’m still in school at the moment, but our finals are over
on the 3rd of May. I should be a little more focused then.

If anyone here has experience with vertex painting, I’d love to hear how
you use the tool in your work flow and what you’d like to see in the
future!

-Nate V