[Soc-2016-dev] First status update for Cycles Denoising

Lukas Stockner lukas.stockner at freenet.de
Fri Apr 29 15:45:18 CEST 2016

Hey everybody,

here's my first status update:

* I updated my wiki page to show the final proposal as I submitted it:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Lukasstockner97/GSoC_2016
* I've talked to Sergey about how to handle the bonding period
yesterday, the result was that I'll continue working on other Cycles
patches for now, but may also start working on the main project before
the official start of the coding period.
* I already received lots of feedback in the BlenderArtists forum thread
regarding the proof-of-concept code, but of course I'm always looking
for more user feedback - so, if you happen to be a user and are
interested in testing denoising code, be sure to get in touch!
* Of course, I'm always available for other students if you have
questions regarding building, code or organizational stuff - I can't
promise that I can help, but I can promise that I will try ;)
* I'll try to be around in IRC (as lukasstockner97) as often as
possible, but might not always see and respond to messages immediately -
just poke me and I'll reply as soon as I see it :)

So, I guess that's it for the first status update - I'm looking forward
to continue working both on my project and with the other students!

Lukas