[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #3 - Viewport FX III

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 03:38:11 CEST 2014

Following up.  I realized I was letting myself be a perfectionist and kept
fiddling with the code when I should just get it in your hands so you can
start reviewing it.

Back when soc started I made a mistake and merged my old 2013 branch into
2014 thinking that I would start from where I left off.

After discussing this with everybody it became clear that I needed a clean
2014 branch that I would gradually patch with changes from 2013.

I could not come up with a clean way to revert 2014 back to its clean
state, so I'm abandoning it, and I created a new branch called
soc-2014-viewport_fx and I've now pushed that with the first code that
needs to be reviewed.

The previous branch that was created for me at the beginning of soc can be
deleted (soc-2014-viewport).  I'm not confident enough to delete it, so if
somebody else wants to please do ;-)

The soc-2014-viewport_fx branch contains some maintenance to CMake which
I've also submitted to the patch tracker.  I would have left that out, but
I was getting errors that were stopping my build.

I've started writing documentation for the changes.  I'm hoping to put
those up on the wiki when they are complete.  Here is the URL, hopefully
there will be something there by the time you read this, but definitely by
Thursday evening.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Jwilkins/VFX/GHOST_Refactor_for_EGL

I have not setup or learned how to use arc yet, but I'll be looking into
that tomorrow and see what I need to do to get this setup for any reviewers.

Sorry it took a while for this follow up.  When porting my code I saw a lot
of things I wanted to improve, but that started to take a while, and I
realized I can do that while also giving people the chance to look at what
I have so far.  Any changes I was making will be minor.