[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #10 Cycles

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Jul 25 23:16:48 CEST 2014

Hi,
here my report for week 10 of my GSoC:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2014/Weekly_Reports/Week10

Best regards,
Thomas

= Week 10 =

== What I did this week ==
* Spend some time this week on OSL.
** Several compile files and API updates for OSL 1.5. (6582215f8701,
dadf31f0b85d, c0a9337caab2)
** Submitted some fixes for the lib itself upstream:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/osl-dev/waESaOU_I_Y/huFQ7aNEN8YJ
** Removed old OSL compatibility code for SSS and Toon closures in
Cycles: (6cff19a0bfd7)

* I could optimize the Shader ID, and squash that float into another
texture. This way we save 1 float per triangle. (5738900060e7)

* Bug tracker maintenance (check on reports, bisected one Cycles issue,
close invalid/fixed ones...)

== Next week ==
I'd like to finish the Background optimization and work on other
optimizations and features.

== Questions ==
None.