[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #8, Fluids

Roman Pogribnyi pogribnyi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 00:32:39 CEST 2014

 Hello everyone,
this week I have been working on making mantaflow read setup script which
Blender generates.

What I did:
initial problem state: blender can import manta module, but not all classes
and methods are there, hence scene descr. can not be read.

- since manta invokes a separate python interpreter each time it is run, I
explored whether a part of manta classes is divided between main
interpreter and invoked one(ps. new interpreter is needed since I can't get
the pythreadstate from running smoke_api.cpp):not divided

- next, I explored whether those missing methods were included into
compiled blender lib file at all : they were

- I included missing files explicitly and resolved conflicts.

- it took me some time to understand that out that only classes form files
that are #included are added to manta module. The problem is that I can not
simply include all necessary files, since manta's classes are dynamically
linked during runtime

- resolved some issues with including manta headers from blender files

- changed the cmake file to be as close to original manta project setup as
possible, resolved errors.

- compared to previously compiled blender lib- exactly the same. Problem
is: the original manta executable has different methods defined (and less
of them)

- as a shortcut, I attempted to compile manta as external project, but I
get errors when executing the "blender_add_lib" command

So, I'm working on two things right now: figuring out what causes defined
methods in original manta and blender manta to be different, and trying to
resolve the external project compiling errors.

May anyone has any idea on what I might have missed- please tell.

Best regards,
Roman Pogribnyi