[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report 14 BGE LoD and Bug Fixing

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 10:13:59 CEST 2013

== Progress ==
As expected, I was quite busy this week. I did get the level of detail
branch updated with a merge from Trunk and a few more fixes committed to it
(fixing linking/appending objects with levels of detail and a crash when
duplicating an object with levels of detail set). I still need to address a
couple of minor UI things (making the level of detail panel only available
for the Game Engine render mode and a python error caused by recent changes
to the way levels of detail work on the C side), which I plan to get done
tomorrow. Once the UI fixes are done, I will upload a new patch to the code
review to see if any more issues are identified:
https://codereview.appspot.com/12216043/

I have also made progress on a video with some high lights of the level of
detail system. Right now it is just raw footage that I will either add
annotations or a voice over to tomorrow. The raw footage with script can be
found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oIEnknE_0

== Future Work ==
For post Summer of Code work, I will continue to be addressing any issues
that come up in the code review for the level of detail code. I will also
need to find some time in the near future to start looking into bringing
some of my shadow work to Trunk (especially the point light shadows).

It has been a pleasure to have been able to participate in this year's
Google Summer of Code, and I would like to thank everyone who made it
possible.

Regards,
Daniel Stokes