[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report 14 VSE

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 08:36:09 CEST 2013

==Week 14==
Sadly I had only few days to work on this project this week.
* Fixed modifier - one input effect issues
* Was cleaning out effects code
* Added some code optimization (memory copying)
* Working on SSE2 integration

==Conclusion==
In the remaining few days I will update the documentation, upload the
rest of the code and demos.

SSE2 optimization is coming along nicely. I was thinking of porting the
slightly modified seqCommand to the trunk when the code is ready. With
that code we can unify the float/char implementations, multithreading,
and have code in individual files. That way the merge of this project
later on will be less painful.

Sadly I overestimated my abilities for this project. I lost time by
reimplementing the same code due to the interface optimizations.
Although the VSE got a lot faster, some parts in current VSE engine
aren't implemented. These features will be slowly added in the next few
month. Hopefully, by the spring this project will be trunk ready.