[Soc-2013-dev] VSE SoC 2013

flavio soares qazav3.0 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:08:56 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm watching this thread with interest. Those are very interesting news -
both the projects/ideas to improve the VSE and that people are using the
VSE for professional editing.

I've been coding a set of shortcuts to improve editing and have just
finished a first version of an exporter of Blender's audio timeline to
Ardour (both here <https://github.com/szaszak/blender_velvet>). I've also
messed around a bit with space_sequencer for personal use, but it still
needs more love.

I'm currently thinking about removing the proxy approach that's on that
addon (currently very personal) and create a separate one just for that - I
noticed proxy editing can be made on older machines and it would be nice to
do that via Blender's interface, so that looks like a logical step.

Is there a place where we can suggest and see other people's suggestions on
further developments of the VSE?

cheers,

flavio