[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #2 - Cycles Volume Texturing

Rafael Campos rafaelcdn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 13:40:27 CEST 2013

== This week ==

Added OpenVDB to extern/openvdb.
I had problems getting the library to compile, and incorrectly attributed
them to CMake, when in reality VS required its own set of macro definitions
to understand the types and then compile - finding this out took me way
more time than I'd like to admit.

I'm writing up a short entry on the wiki discussing this:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Jehuty/GSoC_2013/Discussions/Compiling_OpenVDB

== Next week ==
Having the library integrated allows me to start doing more interesting
things. Since my college exams are mostly over, I now have the availability
to dedicate fully.

So next week will be about creating, using and saving grids from Cycles,
and evaluating how much change is actually needed. I also plan to have more
design talks with Brecht over the week, since now I'm trying to understand
how things will fit together.

Discussions will be posted to the wiki.

== Questions ==
Not at this time, since I've been asking questions on #blendercoders all
the time - things are considerably more clear now.