[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #1 BGE LoD and Bug Fixing

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 06:25:00 CEST 2013

==Progress==
This week I have created a feedback thread on the blenderartists forums to
begin gathering ideas on the small community requested features that will
be completed later in the project. The thread has gotten many replies and
suggestions have been aggregated into the first post. The thread can be
found here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?297073-soc-2013-bge-Feedback-Thread.

Furthermore, I have learned that a community member already has a patch for
some level of detail  (LoD) support in the BGE. After reviewing the patch
and experimenting with it, I have decided to implement my own LoD system.
The reasons being that I want to make sure the code is usable in both the
viewport and the BGE, and I felt the UI implemented in the patch could be
improved. I will likely be using the patch as reference for implementing my
own system.

For this new system I have already reimplemented some new UI that allows
users to add and remove LoD levels from an object. Currently these levels
do not do anything.

I have also fixed two bugs from the BGE tracker:
[#35447] LibLoad Meshes and Scenes causes crash of
blender<http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=306&aid=35447&group_id=9>(closed)
[#32775] LibFree
crashing<http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=32775&group_id=9&atid=306>(waiting
for response from submitter)

==Next Week's Plans==
Next week I intend make sure the LoD levels properly save and load, as well
as take care of any relevant do_version changes. I will also begin working
on the LoD selection and switching in the viewport. I also plan to fix a
few more bugs next week (3-5)

==Problems/Questions==
None so far

Regards,