[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #1 VSE

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 05:50:46 CEST 2013

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:AlexK/Gsoc2013/report

==Week 1==
This week I did mainly prerequisite code and proof of concept
* OpenCL
** Created CLDM (OpenCL device manager). It now supports only basic
functions, but it will include device information and user UI for
selecting multiple devices. We probably should migrate compositor to
this later.
** Extended clew library (glew for openCL) to support cl-gl transfer.
(Note: We are using clew for cl 1.0 and this lib seems to be abandoned)
** Made proof of concept for OpenCL filter with the transfer to GL
texture inside of gpu (without copying)
* Wrote up schedule design: [[User:AlexK/Gsoc2013/scheduler |
Scheduler]]. Needs Approval!
* Started working on frames' manager. We now can create (test) textures
few frames before to be used later.
** We would be able to support multiple "players" and outputs (like 2
for stereoscopic)
* Did a little more grading tools research

==Next Week Todo==
* Create (fake) dispatch system
** Add devices creation and queue
** Strip storage
** Bucket support with dependency resolver
** Planner support
(Later this will be apply to real sequences. For now, they will be
hardcoded)

== Questions ==
I would like to discuss schedule design, strip storage and established
more clear targets for VSE.
Also, how is global memory is shared in SLI/CrossFireX 2+ cards
configuration? clCreateBuffer implies share inside the given cl_platform.

Best,
Alex