[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #6 Mesh Data Transfer

walid shouman eng.walidshouman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 00:14:16 CEST 2013

=Weekly Report #6 Mesh Data Transfer=

==This Week==
* Optimised the shapekey transfer function to be ready for the trunk.
* Implemented the vertex group transfer onto Shapekeys and UVs and
currently we've 2 algorithms to copy each (one based on nearest vertex
and another based on nearest face).
* Got the first review from Michael Williamson "The project Artist"
which was a positive one with a request of a feature and a "naming
bugfix".
* Fixed the naming bug in the shapekey transfer.
* Added basic automatic tolerance finding feature.

==Issues==
* The previous week I should have spent the time in finishing the UV
transfer, however -as that was asked within the mailing list- I had to
shift into applying the algorithm used in the vertex group transfer
onto either the shapekeys or the UVs, which is now applied on both.

==Next Week==
* Having a full UV transfer function.
* Enhancing the interpolation of the shapekey transfer with faces.
* Debugging any found bugs for the shapekeys.
* Discussing the Extras section with Campbell (some of them were
already implemented).

wiki page: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Walid_shouman/GoogleSummerOfCode/2013/WeeklyReports&action=edit

--

Sincerely,