[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #6 Rigid Body Simulation Improvements

Sergej Reich sergej.reich at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 27 01:30:54 CEST 2013

This week I added a new collision shape.
It approximates concave meshes by breaking them up into convex parts
using the HACD library and creating a compound shape with those parts.
It's a faster and more convenient way of creating reasonably stable and
fast concave shapes. It's still unclear what parameters to expose to the
user, I'd prefer to have it as automatic as possible.
Further I started working on a mesh operator that does convex
decomposition, this will allow for more control and is also useful
outside the simulation context.
Aside from that I did several experiments with smaller features.

Next week I'd like to polish the existing features a bit and start
working on a better de-/activation system.
I somehow missed asking users for feedback until now (although I still
got some), now that I actually have something worth playing with, I'll
be doing that (e.g. making a thread on blenderartists and writing docs).