[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #6 Paint Tools

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 00:04:06 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com>wrote:

>  I am interested in something more code and design/architecture oriented
>> than theory

This is exactly what my suggestion was. You said...

"A "canvas" may be necessary here, paving the road for a future layer
system."

One such code/architecture approach is the one used by Apple-Motion, which
is to reuse the 3d-editing tools for 2d canvas, layers, and editing. The
code-and-architecture approach here would be to use a locked
2d-orthographic view of the 3d-view in a separate scene, for such advanced
UV-paint operations that would require a layer system.