[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #4 Mesh Data Transfer

walid shouman eng.walidshouman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 10:28:29 CEST 2013

=Weekly Report #4 Mesh Data Transfer=

==This Week==
* Finished the shapekey transfer function {the shapekey transfer
function could be found under the name -Transfer Shape Key (new)-},but
yet got an issue when I moved to the latest revision, I believe that
happened because of the bm-to-me/bm-from-me functions that changed
between the revision I was working on and the latest merged revision
from the trunk.
* Some functionalities related to copying specific shapekey groups
that were meant to be within the extras are done.
* Supported taking Normals in consideration while copying -which could
be much more enhanced later on for more accurate transfer-.
* Ported all my work to the branch to facilitate the code merging from now on.
* Made my first commit after many checks to avoid messing with the branch again.
* Got an algorithm to find the seams for the UVs.
* Drawn the basic idea behind the Shapekey algorithm
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Walid_shouman/GoogleSummerOfCode/2013/ShapeKeyTransfer/

==Issues==
* Shapekey transfer function is still not working under the new
revision even when its working in the old revision.
* Taking islands into account for interpolation seems a deep issue for
me -had couple of days only thinking about and didn't get an effective
solution yet-.
* Didn't know that making WIP commits within the branch is Ok, so I
was working all the time without committing till I reach the final
transfer, however next times I'll be committing much more frequently.
* Due the delay I had I think that implementing the whole UV transfer
may be delayed a bit after its deadline (which should have been this
week)

==Next Week==
* Setting down an algorithm to deal with islands.
* Implementing the seam algorithm.
* Interpolating UVs based on islands.
* Debugging the Shapekey transfer function.

--

Sincerely,
Walid E. Shouman