[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #4 VSE

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sun Jul 14 13:56:06 CEST 2013

Hi Alex,

> Sorry for the late doc. I thought I copied it to wiki. Anyway, here is
> an updated version:
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:AlexK/Gsoc2013/vse

> 3) Schlaile also wasn't so happy with it. I'm sorry. I thought that
> current code is not yet useful for the artists, so I didn't bothered
> with commits. Anyway, I plan to do a commit of everything soon, after a
> clean up.

Could you at least send a "svn diff" by email to me, so that I can see,
what you are currently doing?

> Also, Schlaile and I agreed that engine should be in C++
> instead of C. It might take some time before a proper port.

I suggested a switch to C++ for the internal VSE render engine to make
it easier for you to block out the structures and methods properly -
*not* to slow you down!

If you see any trouble arising there, please let me know early, so that
we can sort them out.

And: please send me the diff, even if it doesn't result in a working
Blender binary!

Regards,
Peter