[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #11 BGE LoD and Bug Fixing

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 01:23:35 CEST 2013

== Progress ==
Point lights are working pretty well now, and the seam artifacts have been
resolved. I have also added options and UI for disabling the blurring on
VSMs, using a lower precision (and higher performance) image format for
VSMs, and the option to use front face culling for shadows (which can
result in fewer self shadowing artifacts, but fails to cast shadows of
objects that are only front facing polygons such as planes). This work has
all been committed to the git branch mentioned in last week's report:
https://github.com/Moguri/blender/tree/shadow_improvements

Cascaded shadow maps are still a little bug (especially in the viewport)
but are mostly working.

== Next Week ==
Next week I am returning to the BGE bug tracker. I will try to work on some
of the various ATI bugs using my laptop (ATI 6630m) and another computer I
have access to that has an older low end ATI card. I am hoping to close
5-10 reports (some of them might take some time).

== Questions/Problems ==
Things are going well.

Regards,
Daniel Stokes