[Soc-2012-dev] GSoC BGE Fixup Status Report Week 6

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 06:13:45 CEST 2012

here is my report for week 6:
http://mogurijin.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/gsoc-bge-fixup-status-report-week-6/

Task List:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Moguri/GSoC_2012_BGE_Fixup_Docs

Mentor: Dalai

Contents of report:

What did you do this week?
I’m still awaiting more feedback on the LibLoad thread to figure out
which direction I want to go on the interface to asynchronous LibLoad
(callback or future object).
I did manage to get some speed ups in the converter for loading
non-power-of-two textures by avoiding scaling the textures to powers
of two if the hardware has NPOT support. Non-power-of-two textures
took about four times as long to load than power-of-two textures, now
the times are about equal. However, I haven’t yet committed the change
since I haven’t decided if I want to put it in trunk or Swiss.
As for the tracker, with some help from Daniel, I managed to get all
of the open bugs organized into the new categories. In the process, I
also managed to close 18 bugs this week. One that might be of interest
to people is:
[#23375] texture2D in custom 2D filters can get texture outside of
game, resulting in ugliness
Essentially, this means you won’t be grabbing the Blender UI in 2D
filters anymore.

Tracker stats:
New: 2
Closed: 18 (18 by me)
Net Change: -16
Current: 162
12 more to go until we’re back down to three pages!

What do you plan to do next week?
I would like to get down to three pages in the tracker, which will
require me closing 12 more reports. I will also come to a decision
this week on how I want async LibLoad to look and implement it.

Are there any problems that will require extra attention and what
impact will they have on your proposed schedule?
Nope, things are starting to go smoothly.

Are there any builds available?
There are some on GraphicAll.

Cheers,
Moguri