[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly Report 6 - Android Port

Alexandr Kuznetsov ak3636 at nyu.edu
Sat Jun 30 04:08:52 CEST 2012

Week 6 (June 25-29)

   - First Android release!
   - Refactor OpenGL extensions. So gpu** calls gl** or gl**ARB if graphics
   card doesn't support it.
      - Jason made it compatible with Windows.
   - Few small OpenGL ES state fixes
   - Added VBO support.
   - Working on python GLSL
   - Added matrix rotation + double multiplication
      - +Converted blendfont to our matrix stack.
   - Fun merges fixes with my local branch
   - Worked one day on native Ghost
      - Made EGL in Java
      - Designed event queue. (hopefully it will work out very nicely. No
      malloc, only essential mutex)
      - There will be only one call from c to java (SwapBuffers). Many
      calls will be from java to c, events calls.
   - Designing Standard shading system (for text, lines) instead of
   glColor, glTexture...

Next Week ToDo

   - Native input
      - Will study Android SDK and JNI over the weekend.
   - Allow build from mac
   - Textures on deformed object
   - Text, lines

Alex K