[Soc-2012-dev] Precision Modelling Tools - Week 5 Progress Report

Luke Frisken l.frisken at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 11:03:19 CEST 2012

Week 5 Report

*What I did this week: *
After a discussion with Martin it was decided that the snapping system
should be capable of dealing with multiple types of meshes, including
BMEditMesh and DerivedMesh. It took a while to account for this in the
design and the code, but hopefully it will pay off. I've also managed to
re-implement vertex snapping using the new system. I still need to test it
properly, and clean it up a bit to better fit in with the new design.

*What's in store for next week? *
Test and debug the code that I've written this week, and then get it
properly looked over by Martin. Have a go at the remaining mesh snapping
options (midpoint, edge, face, etc...). I'll need to figure out the best
way to do the drawing code for the snapping system before I try to code
parallel snapping (no existing code for that). Also start documenting the
new snapping system on the wiki.

*Roadblocks? Difficulties? *
Had some weird compiling issues a couple of days ago, I think I figured it
out though. I'm still getting familiar with how Blender deals with mesh
data, but already things are starting to get a bit more comfortable.

And here's the text from the wiki version of the report that was requested
via email.