[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly progress report 5 - Bullet Integration

Sergej Reich sergej.reich at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:19:48 CEST 2012

This week I:

* Finished rewriting rigidbody_do_simulation function.
* Improved cache invalidation.
* Added part of the point cache ui.
* Removed simulation influence properties of rigid bodies.
* Added ability for rigid bodies to start deactivated.
* Added a time scale property for the rigid body world
  so the simulation can be sped up and slowed down.
* Started to work on switching between kinematic/dynamic state of
  rigid bodies.
* Started to work on compound shapes.
* Made some misc fixes and cleanups.

Next week I plan to continue working on compound shapes and
kinematic/dynamic switching and do more fun small features and bug fixes
(there is a really annoying memory leak with collision shapes).
It would be nice to finish the point cache ui so we can do things like
disc caching and switching between different caches (there are issues
with RNA functions right now) but I'd like to take a break from working
on point cache stuff for a while so it might have to wait.