[Soc-2012-dev] GSoC BGE Fixup Status Report Week 5

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 04:43:50 CEST 2012

here is my report for week 5:
http://mogurijin.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/gsoc-bge-fixup-status-report-week-5/

Task List:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Moguri/GSoC_2012_BGE_Fixup_Docs

Mentor: Dalai

Contents of report:

What did you do this week?
I finally got some time to dig into the converter code, and I managed
to get around a 35% speed improvement on scenes with lots of polygons.
Here is the commit log:

"Some refactoring of the Mesh conversion code to make things easier to
read. Material conversions are now also cached so they do not have to
be redone per face. This results in about a 35% improvement in
conversion time in scenes with a lot of faces. I’m keeping the old
mesh conversion code around as BL_ConvertMesh_old() for further
benchmarking/comparisons. It will need to be removed prior to being
merged into trunk."

As for the tracker:
[#28842] Ping Pong mode not working well in 2.60 + backcomp. problem (Fixed)
[#30410] not full conversion IPO Actuator in Action Actuator (Closed)
[#28831] Hitting P key to start GameEngine can crash blender (Not
closed by me, but my prompting lead to it being closed)
[#31396] bge.logic.LibLoad fails to import text blocks (Fixed)
[#31792] Character Physics type not detected by near sensor (Fixed)
[#29037] logicbrick relation-lines dont get highlighted on mouseover
(Closed/Already Fixed)
[#30726] Runtime memory leak (Rejected)
[#30558] bge.texture doesn’t work (no errors caught) (Closed/Already Fixed)
Tracker stats:
New: 2
Closed: 8 (7.5 by me)
Net Change: -6
Current: 178

What do you plan to do next week?
Based on the discussion of this BlenderArtists thread[0], I’d like to
get the interface to the async LibLoading to work better. I also
talked with Dalai, and we agreed that the BGE tracker could use new
categories. I will get a list of potential new categories to the
mailing list and work with Nathan to get the new categories in place.
Then I’ll go through the tracker and get each bug into it’s
appropriate category.

Are there any problems that will require extra attention and what
impact will they have on your proposed schedule?
Nope, things are starting to go smoothly now.

Are there any builds available?
There are some on GraphicAll[1].

Cheers,
Moguri