[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly Report 5 - Android Port

Alexandr Kuznetsov ak3636 at nyu.edu
Sat Jun 23 04:03:27 CEST 2012

Week 5 (June 18-22)

   - Added initial SDL input
      - Some SDL functions don't work as expected
   - Fixed Z-buffer
      - Turns out SDL for Android is terrible
      - It was respecting own settings
      - I'm investigating to have our own Ghost implementation (as original
      was planned)
      - It will also allow easier installation (like py4a): One click
      download with WiFi
   - Created simple "Blender Archive" file format for packaging files like
   libs and python
      - It creates single installation file which is copied into internal
      directory.
   - GLSL lighting works
   - Added GLSL texture support
      - with refactoring code (needs to be coordinated with Jason, then
      commit)
      - Remove all ARB shading code (brecht approved it). Maybe we have old
      code if user base is big.
   - Clean up for matrix code
   - Icon fun
   https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/android/armv7-a_9/aghosty-sdl/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png
   !

Next Week ToDo

   - Allow build from mac
   - Textures on deformed object
      - +VBO mode
   - Text, lines
   - SDL or native input

P.S. First public Android release will be tomorrow/Sunday.