[Soc-2012-dev] Viewport FX - Week 05

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 06:13:18 CEST 2012

I was hoping that it would not take a long time to develop a
replacement for GLU functions, but I ended up spending a couple of
days on it.

Still working on finding and fixing regressions from replacing most of
the immediate mode and client side array drawing.  Time to admit that
I underestimated how long this would take.  (And my lack of energy
from being ill the last couple of weeks does not help).

I have not committed in a while, and that is because my working copy
is very unstable and I do not want to disrupt other's work too much.
However, by Monday I am thinking of committing everything and sorting
out any problems it may cause.

The last couple of reports sound rather negative, however significant
progress has been made in removing dependence on deprecated functions.
 Replacement of glBegin/glEnd has been completed.  Replacement of
DrawArrays/DrawElements from client memory has been completed.
Replacement of GLUquadric is nearly complete.