[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly progress report #4 - Smoke Simulator Improvements

Miika Hämäläinen miika.hamalainen at kolumbus.fi
Sat Jun 16 00:36:52 CEST 2012

> What you did this week
* I got the basic "adaptive domain" and "moving domain" implementations
working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4NJGF_XpQM
* I also  decided to add support for rotated domain. (So that simulation
is no more aligned by global coordinate axises but in local object
space. -> rotateable) Took one day to figure out best way to do this and
another to code it.

So far I have rewritten most of the smoke code to work with all these
changes. Basic implementation works nicely in 3D-views and seems stable.
What is still missing is rendering support, making sure everything works
and clearing all additional debug stuff that was needed to make this
work. :p

> 2) What you plan to do next week
It will take at least couple of days to get this finished and tested.
Next I'm planning to work on smoke "Force Fields" integration.