[Soc-2012-dev] Weekly progress report 4 - Bullet Integration

Sergej Reich sergej.reich at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:05:33 CEST 2012

This was a very short week for me, so I didn't get to do a lot of what I
planned.
I've spent most of the time reworking the way the simulation is stepped
and the rigid body world is rebuilt and validated as well as improving
cache invalidation. A big part of this is rewriting the
rigidbody_do_simulation() function. I experimented with several
different approaches but none of them were satisfying.
I managed to sneak in a feature however and added a "number of
constraint solver iterations" property for the rigid body world.

Next week I'll finish what I originally planned for this week and can
hopefully start to implement compound collision shapes.

As I mentioned above the only real problem was me being occupied with
uni work so I didn't have much time to work on blender.