[Soc-2012-dev] Week 3 progress report

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:09:50 CEST 2012

* This week:
---------------------
I still do not consider the week finished because I have postponed some
work for the weekend due to rehearsal schedule for an upcoming concert but
so far:
* Fixed uv transform correction to work with proportional editing and a
texture paint bug
* Lots of reading texture paint code
* Did an working implementation of texture rake tool that works for
non-projection texture paint in 3d view and image editor. Code is not much
admittedly, most of the time was spent looking for a place to place the
code and understanding the layout and use of the many functions. There are
many structs that use very similar data and I had to see where each struct
is used to get a grasp of how to use my

features that I want to do include overlay for brushes, user rotation by
pressing Ctrl-F and maybe implement texture rake for "fixed" style or
projection painting...I don't know how useful this will be considered.

Next week
--------------------
There's lots of stuff on my list to choose from:
* whatever is left over from this week and start work on rake brush and
additional stuff people on the blenderartists thread have asked for
(preservation of brush size when zooming for instance. Also mirroring
support has been asked for but i don't know how easy this will be.)
* bug fixes, I want to finalize the uv transform calculation code.
* I hope to call for testing of features by artists.
* maybe investigate a method to make rake clearer (by making a mask to only
paint new pixels. I am not certain if this is desirable though).

Trouble so far
It took a while to get up to speed with texture paint code but I am getting
more and more familiar with the layout and it's not so intimidating
anymore.