[Soc-2012-dev] no import and no error log with fbx import

Benjamin Dahl - post@bennyd.de post at bennyd.de
Fri Aug 10 15:35:01 CEST 2012

Hi Alex,

yes I'm quite sure I build with fbx and assimp support since it shows up
in the menu (see screenshot)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1944337/Betatest/Bildschirmfoto%202012-08-10%20um%2015.03.12.png

and I doublechecked it before building.
This is the part
from my scons user-config.py

# note: WITH_BF_FBX==True needs WITH_BF_ASSIMP to be enabled as well
WITH_BF_ASSIMP = True
WITH_BF_FBX = True

… and I also checked, if it works with fbx files previously converted
to 2013 ascii format. It doesn't.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1944337/Betatest/Bildschirmfoto%202012-08-10%20um%2015.18.16.png

And still no debug output. Can you imagine how frustrating this is?

Can you check, if this is an issue with my file?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1944337/Betatest/Raum_1_Final_benny1_2013ascii.fbx

The fbx-file is rather simple and for testing purpose only so far. In
the Future I have to work together with someone who is using cinema4d
for architecture visualizations and we have bad experiences with the
collada exchange between cinema4d and blender.
So we're hoping the fbx-bridge will do it better then.

bye
Benny