[Soc-2012-dev] no import and no error log with fbx import

Benjamin Dahl - post@bennyd.de post at bennyd.de
Fri Aug 10 12:52:49 CEST 2012

Hello,

After getting the blender bratwurst build with fbx import to run on my
ubuntu machine yesterday, I was so happy because I thought, I can start
to test the importer now. Apperently this has been a delusion. Trying to
import either my own fbx files or the samples from the autodesk
fbx-converter didn't work at all. Nothing was imported and as a result I
had this error in the »info window« in blender:

»Errors found during importing. Please see console for error log.«

Since I launched blender from command line, I thought errors must be
found there. But they aren't.

So I compiled the whole thing again now with the BF_Debug option
enabled, but no error log appears when trying to import fbx-files.

Then I started blender again with
gdb ./blender
but even there are no more error messages.

Last thing I tried, was starting blender from command line with
--debug-all option but I got so many messages that I tried to filter
that with grep or wrote them into a error.log file like this

./blender --debug-all | grep fbx
./blender --debug-all > error.log

No Output there.

It's completely frustrating, that I managed to compile the whole stuff
and testing fails at the early beginning now, because nothing is imported

Every help is appreciated. There's nothing more I'd love to have than a
blender binary build with fbx-import enabled.

cheers

Benny

--
Dipl.-Des. Benjamin Dahl