[Soc-2011-dev] Weekly progress report #8 - 11th-17th July

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:40:41 CEST 2011

Hi, Blender and libmv Communities!

I'm still wirking on camera tracking integration project
(soc-2011-tomato branch) and here's some small progress for this week
> 1) what you did this week
(big changes only)

- Implemented hide/show track functionality.
- Improved marker size/position adjustment:
- Implemented left mouse sliding to adjust marker position.
- Added option to show projection of bundles into footage.
- Added option to mute footage.
- Added selector for focal length units.
- New default values for maerker pattern/search areas. This makes
tracking more stable.
- Pyramid level increased to 4. This would make tracking of blured
imaged more accurate.
- Added operator "Bundles To Mesh".
- Implemented "Set Floor" operator.
- Implemented "Set X-axis" operator.
- Commited patch #24427: Editable camera sensor size (meaningful focal
length units).
- Tracking camera presets.
- Initial implementaition of feature detection.
> 2) what you will do next week
- Would try to integrate proxies in my local branch. Commiting this
stuff to svn could break compilation for most of platforms (the very
ecent ffmpeg is needed).
- Improve scene orientation.
- Improve configurable sensor size workflow.
- Make MovieClip avalaible in compositor and texture.
- Improve 2d tracking (there's still stuff like "lock finished tracks"
and so).
- Improve current tools like feature detector.
- Probably 3d reconstruction workflow could be also improved. Bundles
could be integrated in scene in nicer way, i.e.
- Check wokflow from
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/GSoC-2011/Proposal and
mark progress there to see how many steps are still uncoded.
- Can't predict really what i'll be doing. Big things i've listed, but
it'll be plenty of small improvenment all over the tools to make
workflow much easier.
> 3) any problems that will require extra attention and the impact on your proposed schedule
Don't think it's real problems. Just more things to be implemented are
discovering.

Project homepage: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/GSoC-2011

More info here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/GSoC-2011/WeeklyProgress#Week_8:_11th-17th_July

Videos: No videos from myself this week, Sebastian Köng is doing really
great job with recording tutorials:
http://www.blendercookie.com/2011/07/14/gsoc-tomato-branch-camera-tracking/

SVN repo:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2011-tomato/