[Soc-2010-dev] Status Report (testing-week 8)

Leif Andersen leif at leifandersen.net
Sat Jul 31 04:14:26 CEST 2010

This week went well.  After realizing that the end is in about two weeks, I
began to worry that I may not finish in time.  I do think that it's possible
now, although it will require quite a lot of work, and a few of the things
that I hoped would get built probably won't get built in time.

This week I put the finishing touches on the framework, and started to move
the tests from the existing (manual) testing framework to the newer
automated one.  Or at least non-render based tests, render based ones have
already been moved over.  So far it's been going fairly well, especially as
the python api now seems to work much better than it did back when this
project first got started.

Also this week I did a bit of a rewrite on the render tests.  Now instead of
storing the pre-built good images in the tests, it always renders the good
images as the test runs, this does require that the dev have a copy of the
'good' version of blender, but it's probably also much more powerful.
 There's still a few last remaining bugs, but they will be squashed rapidly.

Next week I will do some more expected bug-squashing of the framework, but
more importantly, I will finish up moving all of the tests over to the new
framework, and try to reserve the last week or two for bug fixes, more
community feedback, and better documentation.

~Leif Andersen