[Soc-2010-dev] Status Report

Konrad Wilhelm Kleine konrad at konradwilhelm.de
Sat Jul 31 07:47:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

last week I spent most of the time on getting the bump map painting
working. Since there were some issues with my branch of which not all
have been solved yet I wrote a patch for trunk and committed it to the
Patch tracker, so that GLSL preview for bump maps is at least working
for the trunk. After some lately fixes people reported to me that it
works. Hopefully the patch can make it into the trunk as a bug fix for
the missing GLSL bump map preview that might be expected by users.

Here are some links to stuff I've been doing this week:

Design document:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kwk/Gsoc2010/BumpMapPainting

Link to the Patch Tracker:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=23084&group_id=9&atid=127

Discussion on BlenderArtists.org:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192874

For the next week I need to get painting to work in my branch again as
soon as possible. It seems to be broken and not debuggable. Tom spend
quite some time on figuring out this issue on his computer and ended up
with re-enabling libraries. After that the debug messages seemed to make
more sense. Of course, next week is reserved for layers and masks.

I cannot say how much I'd like to work on PTex now. I'll probably work
with it after GSoC when there is not so much pressure.

I don't see any problems except the compiling ones.

Have a nice weekend.

-Konrad