[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly Report

Jingyuan Huang jingyuan.huang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:35:22 CEST 2009

Thanks for all the comments!

I think Brecht's idea probably can work the best. So, here is a mock
up showing lightenv node in texture node mode:
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3370/screenshotblender.png
The lightenv node is a type of input node in texture node mode, just
like images. This change actually reduces the amount of work for light
node since I don't have to re-write some of the functionality from
scratch.

I'd also like to add several points:
1. For now all the internal generated light probes are angular maps.
This can be extended to other maps in the future but I'd like to keep
things simple at the moment.
2. Type property will be removed from light environment panel. Again,
to keep things simple, all the internal light probes are synthetic.
External probe images can be loaded as images and mix in the node
mode.
3. I also need to make changes so that render pipeline would take the
correct light probe.

Best Wishes
Jingyuan Huang
Computer Graphics Lab