[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly status report - 10 July - Aligorith

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:30:43 CEST 2009

Hi all,

This week I've been focussing on getting the NLA system to a more
polished/usable state, implementing many things that were still lacking. In
particular:
- 'Meta' strips were added, and cleanups performed to support them nicely
- Transform code todos (moving strips between tracks, and solving truncation
issue when strips collided) from 2-3 weeks ago finally solved)
- Drawing tweaks for NLA - drawing keyframes on action line and indicating
the region the keys exist in, and drawing the influence-curve on the strips
- Influence/strip-time now animateable (there are still issues with
non-existant feedback/editing for this apart from blindly inserting
keyframes on the button concerned)
- Cleaned up drawing code for keyframes. Currently, we're back to all-OpenGL
keyframe shapes since I couldn't get the icons to be aligned properly.
Unless there are any visual/technical concerns (the previous attempt was
ditched, as some stupid Intel cards had issues with something that I can't
remember anymore).
- Cleaned up notifiers for animation editors

Next week, the next semester of lectures begins, so from this point in, I'll
have much less time to spend making any major changes (though smaller
changes may still occur).
In light of this (and also requests from kazanbas and chigiz to merge
animation-rna changes to 2.5), I intend to merge my branch back into 2.5
sometime over the next 2 days (barring any sudden showstoppers in either 2.5
or my branch - i.e. nasty crashers or compilation problems). My current plan
is to probably do this on Saturday 11 July, between 2pm and 4pm (NZST -> GMT
+ 12) unless there are any objections from anyone. :)

Regards,
Joshua