[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly Report

Jingyuan Huang jingyuan.huang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:49:24 CEST 2009

== What I did ==
1. Make sure light paint still works after 2.5 merge changes
2. some minor fixes
3. Change build file so that linux builds can link to lib files under
/lib/linux2 directory. both mac and linux files can be found under
http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~j23huang/tmp (two tgz files).
4. I tried win64 build but no success. It'd be great if anyone can help me
with win64 builds.
5. update user manual

== Discussion ==
The second stage, light node, didn't go as well as the first stage. An
inappropriate original design was probably the main cause. I left it as it
is this week because I didn't feel like making big changes very close to the
deadline. I agree with Matt (on IRC) that this part will probably be
scratched out and redesigned. That falls out of GSOC timeline, but I hope I
can continue staying in Blender community after gsoc.

Overall my branch achieve most of the goals described in the proposal
(painting a scene -> lightenv -> save as an HDR image -> reload HDR image
for futher uses). There are of course many things that can be improved, but
I guess I'm running out of time (going to catch a flight to Kilimanjaro in
15 minutes). I won't be able to attend weekly meetings on Aug.16th and
Aug.23th. I will attend the meeting on Aug.30th.

Thanks again for all the support (especially Martin, Matt, and Ton)! Gotta
go~

Best Wishes
Jingyuan Huang