[Soc-2008-dev] Week 5 report

André Pinto andresusanopinto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:34:08 CEST 2008

==== Week 5 ====

== this week ==
This week I developed (as planned) the SimpleDeform modifier
which allows to apply bend, taper and twist functions to objects.

== Next ==
Next week Ill improve the simpledeform..
add vertex weights, and a few more options to make them easier usable

If I have time ill start looking on code to do sphere cast.. so that I
can solve the problem of keptDist on shrinkwrap.

== issues ==
During this week I also had a few chats with members on #blendercoders
about the simpledeform and it seems the main problem is usability ..
like developping manipulators to control the modifier options, and
other easier configurable things.. tough since blender 2.5 is going to
be about UI, I am not developping any efforts on that area.

== schedule ==
last exam was this week (I hope :) )
Going to have more time from now on