[Soc-2008-dev] Week 5 report

Ian Thompson quornian at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:33:11 CEST 2008

Week 5 Report
=============

This Week
---------
Integrated the completion script into Blender as a menu item
(shortcuts still to add). Suggestions are cached and updated as the
user types/deletes text. Built a UI for choosing suggestions and
updating the list.

Also added messages to warn the user when a file is changed externally
when editing a file-linked Text object or when the file is deleted.
The messages provide options for reloading or saving over changes. A
Text object can also be detached (made internal only) from a deleted
or changed file.

Next Week
---------
Build a system for scripts to register keys in the Text space.
Continue tweaking and improving the plugin scripts. Find internet
access while I'm away! Work on a documentation script.

Issues
------
I'm away from home for two weeks so may struggle to be online but will try.

Schedule
--------
On schedule at the moment.