[Soc-2008-dev] Week 2 Report

André Pinto andresusanopinto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 19:22:43 CEST 2008

Hi,
Here is the 2nd week report

a) This week
As expected I have been rather busy this week with school.. anyway
this is what I have done:

+Added an option on normal projection to skip projection if it hits a
back or front face of the target mesh.
+Been playing with python module to import the 2d plane geometry
Python seems fast enough.. for an operation that is only done once (at
the creation of the mesh).

b) Next week
The method I'm trying now on the 2d plane thing is to discretize the
image in a grid.. of course this method (withouth any enchantments)
gives poor results.. but I was just testing the python module and
stuff  so it was a good method to start with.

I'll work on those methods next week.

Links for papers are welcome ^__^

c) Issues
None.

d) Schedule
Everything is fine.. (the lack of time before exams are ended was
already "planned")