[Soc-2008-dev] Week 2 Report

Ian Thompson quornian at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 7 00:39:53 CEST 2008

Week 2 Report
=============

This Week
---------
Whole word operations implemented, Alt+ArrowKey and Ctrl+ or
Alt+Del/Backspace for deletion. Insert/overwrite toggle added. First
set of utility functions written for autocompletion (although not yet
committed). File information added to the header and plans for
improving external modification of files.

Next Week
---------
 - Continue with completion/suggestion support methods
 - Sanely handle externally modified files (keep user in the loop)
 - Hopefully get some basic member suggestion going on
 - Merge.

Issues
------
Having a little trouble finding whether there is already a sensible
way to match names to their docstrings or whether this is something to
add. Will talk with my mentor about this.

Schedule
--------
I did want to get these methods committed before tonight so a little
behind but the weekend will bring me back on track. Going well so far.