[Soc-2008-dev] Week 2 Report

Maxime Curioni maxime.curioni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:01:08 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,
Here is my week 2 report, unfortunately rather empty for lack of time spent
on the project.

a) This week

This past week and next week are my last two weeks of school, with classes
and exams. To say the least, I have been overwhelmed with school work and
reports, and I have not been able to find a single moment to work on the
project. I guess I was a little bit over-optimistic of my ability to handle
both responsibilities at once. I have no immediate work to hand in until
next Thursday so I am counting on this week-end to make up for some of the
lost time. Since doing well on my exams is my first priority, I hope you
will excuse me for not providing much results in these two weeks. I have
tried to keep Jean-Luc aware of the situation this week.

I was able to get my work compiled by devroo on another Mac OS X Intel
machine. Thanks to Stéphane's remarks on Freestyle inner workings, Jean-Luc
yesterday found out how to compile the program on a Mac OS X PPC machine.
Using a bundle_loader option when linking the SWIG wrapper library resolves
the problem. Jean-Luc will send me an updated SConscript for compilation and
linking of the wrapper library in the next few days.

b) Next week;

Unfortunately, next week is going to be worse as far as school work is
concerned. I do not expect to get much work accomplished. I should have more
time again starting from June 16. Sorry again for this delay.

c) Issues

I still need to focus on getting my work compiled accross platforms. I hope
that Jean-Luc's patch will resolve the issue once and for all.

d) Schedule
Even though I was ahead of schedule last week, I feel like I am now running
behind. I still have time this week-end to finish the first phase, but I am
not sure that's the wisest thing to do as far as accomplishing my school
work too. I'll let you all know this Sunday at the IRC meeting.