[Soc-2008-dev] Week 9 report

Ian Thompson quornian at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 26 01:20:52 CEST 2008

Week 9 Report
=============

This Week
---------
Much of this week has been spent fixing yet more undo bugs, rewriting the find
(and now replace) function and finishing off the suggestions/documentation
UI. Documents to ease integration have been written and word-wrap is well under
way, with the drawing side of things done. The wiki has been updated with a
video and more information on how to extend the system with custom plug-ins can
be found there.

Next Week
---------
Finish word-wrap. Work on the plugins and enable support for as many builtin
types as possible for variable member suggestion (eg s=''; s.jo_ --> 'join').
Also look into adding text markers (a dictionary of short selections) with
python access so that more complex plugin scripts can be written. All going well
this will allow me to add template completion.

Issues
------
I get end corrupt errors if I add fields to anywhere but the end of the
SpaceText struct. It looks to me as if there is some misalignment (float
followed by a struct) but I'm no expert. Will ask around in the morning.

Schedule
--------
Get all this done for the end of the week and I'll be pretty much there. It's
going well now but there is still a long week ahead.