[Soc-2007-dev] Summer of Code successes/screenshots/renders

Miguel Torres Lima torreslima at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 22:38:51 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

In the GLSL project what the following was implemented:
- all light source types are implemented except light textures
- all specular shaders are correctly done, regarding the diffuse shaders,
fresnel is the only incorrect
- specular and diffuse colorbands are implemented, although in specular
colorbands value, hue and color blending modes are not exactly accurate.
Also I tried to have just a texture for all the scene's colorbands and it
didn't work due to the filtering when searching for the right texel as it is
not possible to filter just in one direction. I will revert this soon.
- have the base structure created for procedural textures but didn't achieve
satisfatory results, not that it is not possible to have it working it's
just that I didn't achieve to do that.
- regarding node materials, all node types are implemented except texture,
geometry and curves nodes. Material and extended material nodes are
implemented but need to be corrected still.

You can find a video done by ZanQdo showing most of the features implemented
at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVK1oMdcnw
You can also find many simple screenshots at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Maike/SummerOfCode2007

I also send you some more screenshots in attachment.

If you need anything more feel free to ask.

Cheers