[Soc-2007-dev] Friday Status Report

Aaron Moore two.a.ron at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 05:55:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

Following the call for plugin development that I made at the beginning
of this week, I spent some time trying to debug a few things so that
people could reasonably create plugins.
  0. Implemented a few extra settings: osa toggle, thread count, parts
x and y, world colors.
  1. I spent an afternoon working on windows, before I sent out the
email about the problem. I haven't gotten back to it, because it's
extremely frustrating and and slow moving. I will do this soon,
especially since I have feedback on the problem now.
  2. I worked out several bugs in my internal renderer code, related
to the OSA render. It works now, at least for me. I worked with
mfoxdogg to figure out why it wasn't working on his system. Part of
this was the OSA bugs. (this took a couple days)
  3. I redid the aqsis plugin using the c-binding Ri calls, researched
into aqsis a bit and emailed Paul Gregory about how I need to get
image data back into blender's.
  4. Started desiging extensions to the existing render API in the areas of
      a. geometry: subdivision surfaces, particles
      b. animation, working on the "objects that disappear mid-frame" problem

This weekend, I plan to work on implementing as much of the render API
as possible. If I need to debug things to do with the plugin api or
the blender internal renderer, and it doesn't take forever, I'll do
that, but my primary focus will be implementing geometry functions,
and getting animation working.

Aaron