[Soc-2006-dev] SoC weekly reporting

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 18:32:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

a) What I've done this week:
       * Added support infrastructure for interpolation/copying of
dynamically allocated data (such as vertex groups).
       * Added vertex group interpolation to the Subsurf modifier.
       * Spent a large part of the week trying to improve the
performance of the Subsurf modifier. I've had some small successes,
but there's still a reasonably significant slowdown relative to
current Blender CVS.
       * Made some minor refactoring and bugfixing changes.

b) What I plan to do next week
      * Begin work on the Autosmooth modifier (for real this time).
      * Work on modifier stack performance.
      * Refactor and tidy up modifier stack code where needed.

c) Other issues
      * I won't be able to make it to this Sunday's meeting (I have a
family commitment)