[Soc-2006-dev] SoC weekly reporting

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:12:14 CEST 2006

Hi all,
My apologies for being out of communication - I've been rather sick,
and I don't think very clearly when I'm sick. I haven't gotten much
done - the Subsurf modifier turned out to be more of a hurdle than I
expected. I'll be back on track this week.

a) What I've done this week:
Alleviated performance issues with the Subsurf modifier by modifying
CCGDerivedMesh so it can be used when in edit mode (as before). This
gives comparable performance to Blender main when the Subsurf modifier
is last in the list, but is still slow otherwise. This took much more
time than I expected to implement.

Added custom data interpolation functions for vertices, edges & faces,
and updated the Subsurf modifier to interpolate face data using the
new interpolation function. This paves the way for interpolation of
vertex groups. The "Subsurf UV" option is not yet supported.

b) What I plan to do next week
       * Fix outstanding issues with modifiers (Subsurf, Decimate and
         Boolean in particular).
       * Refactor and tidy up modifier stack code where needed.
       * Begin work on the Autosmooth modifier.