[Soc-2005-dev] Copyright stuff

Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez pablo at ics.uci.edu
Wed Jul 27 23:48:47 CEST 2005

Hi guys,

I was just creating a new file, using an old one as a template, and I
came across the copyright notice in the file header. It says something
like "Original code copyright (2001-2002) by NaN blah blah. Original
code is: all the file. Contributors: None".

So I got a bit curious about what's the right thing to do here for us
summer coders. If it's modifying an existing file, it should obviously
be enough with adding our name to the list of contributors. But what
shall we do with new files? I didn't find any related information in the
website. Is there a policy for this, or does everyone choose what to write?

Just wondering.

--
Pablo Diaz Gutierrez
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~pablo