[Soc-2005-dev] SoC status!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Jul 26 15:51:22 CEST 2005

Hi all,

We're almost halfway the summer, so time to feedback on the current
status. :)

First of all, I didn't compile nor test the SoC tree, so the judgement
is entirely based on what happened on this list and in Wiki.

Based on the current status, I can already give "two thumbs up" to:
- Nils, Fluid animation
- Brecht, Inverse kinematics
- Jiri, Verse integration
I've got no doubt you're heading towards a succesful completion of the
project!

Progress of the following projects I like to see taking off more, but
I'm convinced you can bring this to a succesful ending. There's five
weeks left!
- Ian, FFmpeg
- Tim, PyTexture
- Pablo, Sketch based modeling
- Marc, Booleans
- Emmanuel, Curves/Nurbs

I'm very concerned about these two;
- Thomas, ODE
- Frederick, Animated tutorials
It's *really* time to get working now... and especially communicate
back to us what you've actually scheduled to be doing. The 4500 USD fee
is not a lottery prize. If you fail to deliver, I'll advise to Google
not to reward to grant.
My advise: present a finished design and implementation plan before
August 1. :)

Best regards,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org